Account Supervisor, Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy
Cone Communications (www.conecomm.com) is a public relations and marketing agency that’s Always Making a Difference℠ for businesses, brands and society. We connect brands and people through emotion and experiences that drive business value and social impact. Our team of experts from across insights, planning, creative and integrated communications collaborate to bring the best, most informed and innovative thinking to every client.
Currently, Cone Communications is looking for a team-oriented PR professional with a true passion for social and environmental issues to join our innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy discipline as an Account Supervisor in our Boston office.
Cone has long been recognized for its best-in-class services in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), including sustainability strategy and reporting, issue management, stakeholder and employee engagement, public-private partnerships, and strategic philanthropy. We’re also a pioneer in the field of cause marketing. Our programs enhance business value through smart strategy and compelling, credible, creative communications aimed at winning hearts and minds.
The Account Supervisor will strive to deliver the highest quality work product for clients, provide leadership and coaching to account teams and stay informed about CSR issues and how they are communicated through traditional and digital media. This position will require developing and supporting programs and both internal and external communications aimed at enhancing the CSR platforms of our clients. All the while, the Account Supervisor should focus on cultivating client relationships, growing accounts organically, encouraging staff development and advancing thought leadership.
- Nurturing and strengthening the client relationship by exhibiting mature judgment in leading and navigating the agency/client relationship
- Managing accounts, including staffing, budgeting, billing and resource allocation to ensure quality, creative/innovative thinking and resource efficiency
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of CSR trends, initiatives, influencers, best practices and communications
- Participating in steering the strategic vision and long-term account planning process of CSR programs, ensuring the account team achieves the goals of the client
- Seeking opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling the agency’s full range of capabilities
Typically, an Account Supervisor has an average of 6+ years of related experience and the ideal candidate should possess several of the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of CSR and/or corporate philanthropy, cause marketing, non-profit trends and public-private partnerships
- Experience developing corporate and/or brand CSR platforms
- Experience designing compelling CSR communications plans targeting and activating internal and external audiences
- Experience developing processes to collect, analyze and communicate CSR program outputs, impacts and outcomes
- Persuasive verbal skills and presentation style
- Excellent writing skills for business communications and storytelling
- A mindset of innovation and creativity
- Mastery of account development and management, including financial management
- Effective leadership, staff management, talent development and coaching skills
- Mature judgment and sound decision making
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of digital services and active participation in social media platforms
- Experience working on CSR reports (content identification and development, writing, GRI), is a bonus
- Media relations experience, including pitching and relationships with business, nonprofit and sustainability reporters, is a bonus
Cone Communications offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including 3.5 weeks of time off, abbreviated Friday hours, new business bonus program, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive programs.