Business development manager
Cone Communications (www.conecomm.com) seeks a sales professional with experience within a professional services environment to fill the role of Business Development Manager in our Boston office. This individual must be a proven, results-driven sales professional skilled in the art of prospecting, networking and working with account teams to close business deals.
The ideal candidate must be self-motivated and have a hunger for generating new business leads. The Business Development Manager will primarily lead and manage the outbound new business process by working with account staff within Cone’s discipline areas (Brand Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy, Marketing and Research) to prepare and deliver targeted content and proposals. S/he will have a thorough understanding of the marketing strategy and communications industry and be extremely well-versed in Salesforce.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Set and implement outreach strategy for growth around each agency discipline
• Target and initiate contact with identified key prospects
• Generate and attend prospect meetings; delegate responsibilities to appropriate account teams and manage follow-up
• Develop written proposals and dynamic pitch presentations
• Establish and maintain database of new business prospects and influencers through Salesforce
• Establish and attend a regiment of networking opportunities
• Engage with the Marketing and Research Departments to identify ways to leverage proprietary research and related content
• Report progress towards goals to key stakeholders within agency and parent company, Omnicom
The highly organized Business Development Manager should have 3-5 years of related experience and the ideal candidate should possess several of the following:
• A true Hunter mentality -- the drive to find new business and the skill to close it
• A people person, with a passion for networking and cultivating new relationship
• A history of successfully marketing or selling the services of a professional services organization, ideally within the field of communications
• A proven track record for delivering consistent revenue growth
• Expertise with Salesforce
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills
• Proficient/skilled in PowerPoint
• Strong organizational ability
• Ability to travel, as needed
• Knowledge of marketing automation tools a plus (e.g., Act-On)
Cone Communications offers a collaborative, winning culture, competitive compensation and benefits programs, Friday hours, career path model, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive offerings.