Too often our soldiers miss important moments from the extraordinary - the birth of a child, to the ordinary - like family dinners.
what we did
In 2013, the USO partnered with Cone to develop Every Moment Counts, an integrated marketing campaign to heighten awareness of the need to provide continued support to America’s troops who often miss special and everyday family moments while serving our country around the world.
Cone developed a graphic identity, leveraged USOmoments.org and targeted communications to donors through national media and influencer outreach. Every Moment Counts launched on Veterans Day, and brought to life a very special moment for an outstanding service member.
HOW WE MADE A DIFFERENCE
- Generated $155,000 via email targeting, the single-highest, non-December, one-day email campaign in USO history
- Raised over $104,000 in donations via traffic from USO.org
- Garnered live coverage on “Good Morning America” with a marriage proposal from a serviceman
- Engaged 34 celebrities to drive awareness of the campaign via a social media blitz
- Engaged six corporate partners to promote the campaign and make incremental donations, including a $25,000 surprise donation from Lockheed Martin, a partner that heard about the campaign through word-of-mouth