Cone Communications Internship program
Cone Communications offers a comprehensive Internship Program to qualified students and recent graduates who seek hands-on experience in the Public Relations and Marketing Communications field.
Cone Communications was recently awarded PR News Best Places to Work. By rolling up your sleeves and interning at Cone, you will have the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best PR practitioners while participating in fun cultural events and educational and training workshops offered through Cone College. Interns will work with the Intern Coordinator to guide and shape their six month experience.
This intern position is a six month, full-time (30 - 40 hours/week) opportunity which will be paid hourly. Interns are expected to be available 9am-5:30pm Mondays-Thursdays and 9am-3pm on Fridays with some flexibility as needed.
We seek intern candidates who echo Cone's core values of Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Intellectual Curiosity and Commitment to Excellence in everything they do. Previous internship experience in PR, marketing and communications is desired, as well as an academic focus in a relevant field of study.
Specific responsibilities will vary based on account needs and may include:
- Daily media scanning and research on the client, the industry, the media, the consumer, the competition and other related areas
- Media list building, media outreach, development of media materials and collaterals, organizing events and bringing creative ideas to brainstorms
- Conducting in-depth account-specific research, and sharing a point-of-view on research findings
- Supporting account team administration (e.g., travel arrangements and itineraries, copying and printing, mailings, production, set up/break down of meetings, note taking, etc.)
Additional agency support may include:
- Providing coverage for reception area, answering phones, greeting guests and sorting incoming mail and packages
- Tracking media moves and sending weekly report on all industry moves and updates
- Assisting with new business and marketing initiatives, including prospective client and issue research and development of presentations and proposals that showcase Cone’s expertise
- Building and updating Master Lists for: Media, Influencers, Vendors, Conferences, Awards and Speaking Opportunities
- Special projects as needed
Cone Communications is a public relations and marketing agency known for igniting brands with high-impact strategies and programs based in deep insights, unique subject matter expertise and innovation. Focusing on key areas such as consumer product media relations, social media, cause branding and marketing, corporate responsibility, nonprofit marketing, corporate communications and crisis prevention/management – the agency is positioned to help clients achieve both business and societal outcomes.
We hope you will consider Cone Communications as the best agency to gain a fully integrated, embedded internship experience. And, one that will provide you with practical experience you will be proud of!