Cone offers a comprehensive Internship Program to qualified students and recent graduates who seek hands-on experience in the Public Relations and Marketing Communications field.
Cone was recently awarded PR News Top Places to Work. By rolling up your sleeves and interning at Cone, you will have the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best PR practitioners while participating in fun cultural events and educational and training workshops offered through Cone College. Interns will work with the Intern Coordinator to guide and shape their six month experience.
This intern position is a six month, full-time (30 - 40 hours/week) opportunity which will be paid hourly. Interns are expected to be available 9am-5:30pm Mondays-Fridays with some flexibility as needed. Please note that candidates who cannot commit to a full-time, six-month schedule will not be contacted.
We seek intern candidates who echo Cone's core values of Passion, Integrity, Teamwork, Intellectual Curiosity and Commitment to Excellence in everything they do. Previous internship experience in PR, marketing and communications is desired, as well as an academic focus in a relevant field of study.
Specific responsibilities will vary based on account needs and may include:
- Daily media scanning and research on the client, the industry, the media, the consumer, the competition and other related areas
- Media list building, media outreach, development of media materials and collaterals, organizing events and bringing creative ideas to brainstorms
- Conducting in-depth account-specific research, and sharing a point-of-view on research findings
- Supporting account team administration (e.g., travel arrangements and itineraries, copying and printing, mailings, production, set up/break down of meetings, note taking, etc.)
Additional agency support may include:
- Tracking media moves and sending weekly report on all industry moves and updates
- Assisting with new business and marketing initiatives, including prospective client and issue research and development of presentations and proposals that showcase Cone’s expertise
- Building and updating Master Lists for: Media, Influencers, Vendors, Conferences, Awards and Speaking Opportunities
- Special projects as needed
Cone is a public relations and marketing agency known for igniting brands with high-impact strategies and programs based in deep insights, unique subject matter expertise and innovation. And as a Porter Novelli company, we take our expertise to a massive scale – leveraging the agency’s global reach, unparalleled analytics and social marketing legacy. We wake up every morning ready to tackle tough social and environmental issues. We are relentless in our belief that business can and should be a force for good. We thrive on helping brands find their Purpose.
We hope you will consider Cone as the best agency to gain a fully integrated, embedded internship experience. And, one that will provide you with practical experience you will be proud of!