For the second consecutive year, Cone Communications has been named PR News’ Top Place to Work. We are on the hunt to find a talented Account Executive to join our team in our new Boston office, which overlooks the historic Fort Point Channel.
Cone (www.conecomm.com) is a nationally-recognized public relations and marketing agency that’s Always Making a Difference℠ for businesses, brands and society. Recognized for its best-in-class services in the areas of consumer media relations, corporate social responsibility and corporate communications, Cone’s client roster includes: Ben & Jerry’s, LEGO Education, Timberland, CVS, and Target. At Cone, we help our clients get the strongest business, brand and societal impact from diverse purpose-driven efforts through creating breakthrough campaigns that inspire and drive action.
- Conduct daily media scanning; analyze media coverage to identify trends
- Ability to stay smart on clients’ business and industries; share information with account team and agency as appropriate
- Pitch targeted national and local media across print, broadcast and online platforms
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of the media and influencers
- Collaborate with teams to support account on reporting, planning and outreach
- Draft a variety of written materials, including press releases, media alerts and recap reports
- Develop digital content; support on social media monitoring
- Mentoring interns and Assistant Account Executives, while providing support to senior staff members
The Account Executive must have at least 3 years of relative PR/Marcom agency experience and possess the following:
- Self-motivation, self-starter, takes initiative
- Proven media relations skills
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- Interest in working with purpose-driven brands
- A hunger for developing professionally and learning the industry
- Accepting of challenges and ability to solve problems
- A creative and innovative mindset
- Personality to build relationships with media, influencers and clients
- Project management abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research
Cone Communications offers a collaborative, winning culture, competitive compensation and benefits programs, Friday hours, career path model, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive offerings.