Assistant Account Executive
The AAE is the backbone of account teams, making sure nothing slips through the cracks! S/he will assist teams with client meeting agendas, monthly reports, client correspondence, memos, creative materials, presentations, case studies, award entries and other documents as needed. The AAE will also provide general account management, including creating and updating team to-do lists and project timelines, scheduling meetings and conference calls, and booking team travel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Daily media scanning and research on the client, the industry, the media, the consumer, the competition and other related areas
- Media list building, media outreach, development of media materials and collaterals, organizing events, and bringing creative ideas to brainstorms
- Performing client service through participating in client conference calls, attending client meetings and responding to client requests as appropriate and approved by the account team lead
- Supporting account team administration (e.g. travel arrangements and itineraries, copying and printing, mailings, production, set up/break down of meetings, note-taking, etc.)
The Assistant Account Executive must have no fewer than 6 months of relevant PR agency experience and possess the following:
- Media relations and social media experience; familiarity with media relations software tools such as Cisionpoint, Lexis-Nexis, Critical Mention
- High degree of attention to detail in all areas, from performing research to crafting client- and public-facing materials
- Ability to remain organized and multi-task on a deadline
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and follows through – anticipates account team and client needs
- Effective listening, strong verbal and written communications skills (including grammar)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research
Cone offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including 3 weeks of time off, Family Care Days, new business bonus program, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive programs.