Director, Corporate Social Responsibility
Cone Communications is widely known for its work “Making a Difference” for business, brands and society. Our award-winning Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team collaborates with clients to develop innovative strategies, programs and communications that touch hearts and minds, while delivering meaningful value to business and society. This past year, Cone received the PR Daily CSR Awards’ Grand Prize “Agency of the Year”, an award that recognizes the agency’s category-defining CSR work and commitment to making a positive impact. This comes on the heels of winning PR News CSR A-List for the fifth consecutive year.
Cone is currently seeking a talented individual with 10+ years of experience and a true passion for social and environmental issues to serve as an Account Director on our growing CSR team.
The Account Director will deliver the highest quality work for clients, provide leadership and coaching to account teams and be a thoughtful steward of social and environmental issues and how they are communicated through a diverse array of communications channels. This individual must be highly entrepreneurial and team oriented while deriving great satisfaction from building and maintaining outstanding client relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering exceptional work that consistently surpasses our clients’ expectations
- Managing multiple accounts, including staffing, finances and resource allocation
- Participating in steering the strategic vision and long-term account planning process of CSR/sustainability programs
- Seeking opportunities to grow accounts organically by identifying incremental projects and cross-selling the agency’s full capabilities
- Nurturing and strengthening client relationships by exhibiting mature judgment in leading and navigating the agency/client relationship
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of CSR trends, corporate CSR initiatives, and how social and digital tools are being used to communicate CSR programs
- Creating a work environment that is motivating and empowering
- Actively participating in new business pursuits and pitches
Typically, an Account Director at Cone has an average of 10+ years of related experience and the ideal candidate should possess several of the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of CSR and sustainability trends
- Demonstrated academic, activist, or NGO credentials on environmental sustainability issues
- Subject matter expertise within environmental sustainability, human rights, supply chain and diversity and inclusion
- Experience developing corporate and/or brand CSR platforms as well as setting meaningful sustainability goals
- Experience designing CSR communications plans targeting and activating internal and external audiences
- Experience developing processes to collect, analyze and communicate CSR program output and outcomes
- Media relations experience, including pitching and relationships with business and sustainability reporters
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- A passion for innovation and a quest for new solutions
- Knowledge of digital services and active participation in social media platforms
- Experience working on materiality assessments, stakeholder engagement and corporate CSR reports (content identification and development, writing, GRI) is a bonus
Cone offers a competitive compensation and benefits program including 3.5 weeks of time off, Friday hours, annual bonus program, new business bonus program, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive programs.