Director of Social Media & Content Strategy
Cone Communications seeks a highly creative Director of Social Media and Content Strategy to lead social media and content strategy across all agency accounts and new business efforts. As the agency’s subject matter expert for all things social media, this person will be responsible for best-in-class social programming and content strategy across earned, owned and paid social channels. S/he will have a keen eye for identifying emerging communication technologies and trends in our connected word, and be adept at converting those trends into big ideas for new and existing clients.
The ideal candidate will come with public relations and/or social media background, and will have case studies to share of strategic and successful programs s/he has developed and implemented. The Director of Social Media & Content Strategy will be able to plan a program, sell it in to new or existing clients, oversee and likely execute programs that leverage emerging social media trends and technologies.
In addition to working within account team structures, the Director of Social Media & Content Strategy will also take on an external role, serving as one of Cone’s experts at client meetings and new business opportunities as needed. This individual will be a resource to identify and build strategic alliances and vendor partnerships to execute program elements connected to social media and influencer campaigns.
- Turnkey planning of earned, owned and paid social media programs, including:
- Content calendars
- Social influence strategy
- Influencer identification
- SEO & SEM
- Social media partnerships, promotions, and campaigns
- Staff training development and delivery
- Overseeing community management services
- Client and vendor management
- New business planning and presentation development
- Support of agency marketing efforts
- Close collaboration with two critical functions at the agency:
- Account Planning, which develops key insights for campaign strategy (target demo, media use, trend insights, etc., as well as maintains and develops best practices, tools and approaches for social/digital measurement and analytics)
- Creative, which delivers ongoing creative strategy and graphic design capabilities and expertise
The ideal candidate has experience working in a public relations/marketing communications agency and has the following within his or her credentials:
- Proven leader
- Persuasive and commanding presentation style
- Client-facing marketing professional who loves the intersection of public relations, content strategy and social media
- Proven track record of successful social media program development
- Knows how to infuse paid elements, including SEO and SEM
- Familiarity with social media and influencer tracking tools
- Strong client management and client relations skills
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Effective staff management skills
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to travel
Cone Communications offers a collaborative, winning culture, competitive compensation and benefits programs, Friday hours, career path model, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive offerings.