Cone Communications (www.conecomm.com) is a public relations and marketing agency that’s Always Making a Difference℠ for businesses, brands and society. We connect brands and people through emotion and experiences that drive business value and social impact. Our team of experts from across insights, planning, creative and integrated communications collaborate to bring the best, most informed and innovative thinking to every client. We pride ourselves on being expert storytellers and are on the hunt to find a Marketing Associate to help tell our story. Reporting to the Marketing Lead, the Marketing Associate will work collaboratively as part of the Cone Marketing team, while serving as a valuable resource to business development, account teams and senior staff to increase positive awareness of the Cone Communications brand for potential clients and employees. We are looking for a highly creative, idea-driven individual with a passion for spotting what’s next within the world of marketing and communications.
- Execute marketing content strategy to showcase the agency’s offerings on owned, earned and paid channels
- Manage day-to-day execution of social media strategy and community management for agency’s social media channels
- Assist on external agency communications; write press releases, newsletter content, etc.
- Execute annual plan for general agency advertising
- Create marketing and promotional materials- print and electronic
- Use and maximize marketing tools and software, including back-end website content management system, Google Analytics, Act-On, Salesforce, etc.
- Manage and update agency website and supporting technology (Squarespace)
- Work with Business Development team to convert website traffic to business leads
- Research appropriate industry-related events for Cone to participate in; sponsorship opportunities, speaking engagements, conferences, awards, etc.
- 1-2 years of business or marketing experience, public relations experience is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in a communications, marketing and/or business discipline
- Self-motivated, self-starter, takes initiative and follows through
- Strong written communications skills; comfortable producing written materials such as blog posts, bylined articles and press releases
- Has both creative and analytical capabilities
- Basic understanding of media relations
- Experience creating marketing collateral and email marketing campaigns
- Familiarity and technical know-how on social media platforms
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Analytics or website platform technologies
- Ability to serve on project teams, work collaboratively, accept assignments and manage projects to successful deliverables
Cone offers a collaborative, winning culture, competitive compensation and benefits programs, Friday hours, career path model, tuition reimbursement and many additional progressive offerings. Cone is also a wholly owned subsidiary of Omnicom (NYSE: OMC), a global advertising, marketing and communications company, and has access to Omnicom’s global network of agencies for projects requiring services not housed within Cone.