FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONE COMMUNICATIONS EARNS RECORD 21 AWARDS IN
PUBLICITY CLUB OF NEW ENGLAND BELL RINGER COMPETITION
BOSTON (June 5, 2012) – Cone Communications was honored last night with 21 awards at the 44th annual Bell Ringer Awards ceremony, exceeding last year’s record of 18. Bell Ringers are the Publicity Club of New England’s annual awards program recognizing the best work from among New England agencies and corporations.
“It is quite an achievement to just be nominated for recognition within a category since the competition can be extremely tough,” commented Cone President Bill Fleishman. “Additionally, we had a near-sweep of the consumer campaign launch category.”
An overview of the awards, including four Gold Bells and seven Silver Bells, follows:
Gold Bell (best of the best):
- Media Event – Yoplait Turns the Neighborhood Pink
- Product/Service Publicity: Healthcare – Celebrating the First Anniversary of the American Cancer Society’s Choose You Movement
- Public Affairs Campaign – Green Mountain Coffee 2011 Fair Trade Campaign
- Organizational Identity Campaign – 2011 Cone/Echo Global CR Opportunity Study
- Photo or Graphic with Caption Placement – 2011 Lindt Easter Campaign New York Post Photo with Caption Placement
- Response to Breaking News – Turning Tebow Time into Jockey Time
- Employee Communications Campaign – L’Oreal I’ve Got the Power
- Website – Nestle Waters North America 2010 Corporate Citizenship Report Website
- Product/Service Launch: Consumer Campaign – Jiffy Lube Redefines the Oil Change Interval
- Special Event: Single Campaign – Genius by Glutino Bread Launch Event
- New or Social Media Campaign – Timberland Brings Back Arbor Day
- Corporate or Agency Blog – What Do You Stand For?
- Community/Consumer Affairs Campaign – Tully’s Taste of Community Program
- Product/Service Publicity: Consumer Campaign – Nature Valley National Parks Project
- Product/Service Launch: Healthcare – The American Kidney Fund Launches Pair Up
- Product/Service Launch: Consumer Campaign – Ben & Jerry’s Launches “Late Night Snack” to Celebrate Second Anniversary of “Late Night with Jimmy”
- Online Magazine/Newsletter – What Do You Stand For?
- Product/Service Publicity: Consumer Campaign – Turning Tebow Time into Jockey Time
- Product/Service Launch: Consumer Campaign – Pillsbury Frozen Breakfast Products
- Public Affairs Campaign – Green Giant’s The Green Awards Program
- Photo or Graphic with Caption Placement – The Greatest Innovator of All Time: 2012 Lemelson-MIT Invention Index
About Cone Communications
Cone Communications (www.coneinc.com) is a public relations and marketing agency known for igniting brands with high-impact strategies and programs based in deep insights, unique subject matter expertise and innovation. Focusing on key areas such as consumer product media relations, social media, cause branding and marketing, corporate responsibility, nonprofit marketing, corporate communications and crisis prevention/management – the agency is positioned to help clients achieve both business and societal outcomes. Cone Communications is a part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
About Diversified Agency Services
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.