FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Andrea Larrumbide
CONE’S NEW MEDIA SERVICE OFFERS COMPANIES ONLINE PRESENCE
ClickstartSM Program Allows Clients to Begin Communicating Using Social Media
Boston (February 24, 2009) – Cone announces the launch of its new media Clickstart Program, designed to help companies effectively engage consumers online through the use of social media channels. The introductory program will aid companies in exploring emerging communication technologies and identifying opportunities for additional consumer dialogue and interaction.
“New media are here to stay, and having an online presence is now the cost of doing business in this communications 2.0 world,” says Bill Fleishman, Cone Managing Director and EVP of Brand Marketing. “Often we find companies recognize the importance of using technology to speak to stakeholders but could use some help getting started. Clickstart is designed to provide that solid foundation.”
A staggering 93 percent of new media users believe companies should have a presence in the social media environment, according to Cone’s 2008 Business is Social Media study, and more than 50 percent of users feel a stronger connection to, and better served by, companies when they can interact with them via new media. Clickstart will provide companies unfamiliar to the new media space with the tools to interact with these new media-savvy consumers.
Cone will offer services in five primary areas:
- Consumer generated media: Identification of online opinion leaders and influentials that could reach interested stakeholders with messages
- Social media: Use of social media platforms to deliver brand messages directly to consumers, create feedback mechanisms and leverage platform-specific communication channels
- Online impact analysis: Ensure Web sites are easily found and well indexed by search engines for maximum consumer visibility
- Press release optimization: Ensure press releases are working to build brand presence on search engine results pages
- Online reputation audit: Analysis of online consumer sentiment toward brands, as well as topical conversations important to stakeholders
“Our goal is to lower the barrier for entry by offering clients an easy, low-cost means of getting their feet wet in the new media space,” says Cone Director of New Media, Mike Hollywood. “Clickstart gives companies an initial presence online and allows them to take additional steps to engage consumers outside of traditional offline tactics.”
For more information about the Clickstart Program please contact Kiva Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-939-8335.
Cone(www.coneinc.com) is a strategy and communications agency engaged in building brand trust. Cone creates stakeholder loyalty and long-term relationships through the development and execution of Cause Branding, Brand Marketing, Corporate Responsibility and Crisis Prevention and Management initiatives. Cone is apart of the Omnicom Group (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.